Bath Fan / Kitchen Exhaust - Roof Vent with Extension - Painted
$41.95 – $114.95
- Quality constructed from heavy-duty 28 gauge pre-painted galvanized steel, available in black or brown
- Designed for use with bathroom or kitchen exhaust venting systems
- Comes with a built-in hinged damper to prevent backdraft
- Includes a removable ¼ screen to prevent hood access by birds and many insects
- This model includes a 3″ long pipe extension beneath the flange for connection to flex tubing, please see our BKP series for the model without pipe extension
- Available for pipe sizes ranging from 4 inch – 10 inch
Watch the product video on YouTube.
Questions and answers of the customers
What is the max CFM the 10” vent is rated for?
Q What is the max CFM the 10” vent is rated for? answer nowAsked on August 22, 2021 5:45 amA
This is recommends for use up to 1,000 CFM
Will these work on a flat roof, in heavy wind driven rain? Also can this be used as a dryer vent?
Q Will these work on a flat roof, in heavy wind driven rain? Also can this be used as a dryer vent? answer nowAsked on August 19, 2021 9:55 amA
No - this vent is designed for 1/12 - 12/12 pitched roofs and is not recommended for use on flat roofs.
Can you use 6 inch rigid pipe?
Q Can you use 6 inch rigid pipe? answer nowAsked on May 30, 2021 1:13 pmA
Yes - as long as you figure a way to feed this through the opening at the base of the flange. Typically with this method of install you would order our 8" size and feed your 6" pipe up through the vent (you may need an even larger size depending on the roof pitch).
i have an older 1960 type kitchen in ceiling fan i would like to replace using around 350 cfm the vent pipe from fan to roof is a galvanized square vent what can i replace fan and vent with
Q i have an older 1960 type kitchen in ceiling fan i would like to replace using around 350 cfm the...... Read more answer nowAsked on May 27, 2021 1:02 pmA
We do not currently manufacture any roof vents for terminating square duct.
With a 10/12 pitch will the damper cover stay closed in the wind and rain when not in use?
Q With a 10/12 pitch will the damper cover stay closed in the wind and rain when not in use? answer nowAsked on May 9, 2021 5:28 amA
This will depend on the direction of the winds, the position of the vent on the roof, and the shape of your roof - If you have had issues with other vents in the same spot, this is unlikely to change. This product can be used on any roof from 1/12 pitch to 12/12 pitch.
I want to purchase a BK8X roof vent. Will that work on a 4/12 pitch roof?
Q I want to purchase a BK8X roof vent. Will that work on a 4/12 pitch roof? Thank you. answer nowAsked on March 5, 2021 7:58 amA
Yes - these vents are recommended for everything from 1/12 up to 12/12 pitch.
Plastic Roof Vent with 50 sq, in. Net Free AreaRated 5.00 out of 5$21.65 Select options
J Vent – GalvanizedRated 5.00 out of 5$20.42 – $157.11 Select options
Copper Roof Vents
J Vent – CopperRated 0 out of 5$75.69 – $234.00 Select options
Copper Roof Vents
Bath Fan / Kitchen Exhaust – Roof Vent – CopperRated 4.82 out of 5$139.27 – $300.46 Select options
Goose Neck Exhaust Roof Vent with Extension – PaintedRated 5.00 out of 5$62.45 – $172.21 Select options
J Vent with Extension – PaintedRated 0 out of 5$28.83 – $81.44 Select options
J Vent – PaintedRated 5.00 out of 5$29.37 – $81.01 Select options
Roof / Attic Vent – 38 sq . in. Net Free AreaRated 5.00 out of 5$37.12 Select options
Jurg (verified owner) –
Eugene Lukienko (verified owner) –
I will give this vent 4 stars. Have been looking for quality venting for our kitchen hood since there are only a handful of options on the market. The one from box stores has such small flashing overlap that it will certainly leak when the caulk wears out. You cannot have 1.5 inch flashing on sides, you need at least 3-4 inches overlapped with shingles to provide best protection over time.
Here are the good things:
– Vent has large enough flashing area on all sides – close to 3.5-4 inches – which allows sufficient shingles overlap to prevent water intrusion
– Vent was made well, everything sits flat on the roof without issues. No wavy appearance to flashing piece unlike many other box store items. Once nailed, sits very tightly on the roof.
– Olaf with customer service was fantastic at answering all my questions.
– As promised, vent made within 3-5 days and shipped over a weekend to arrive on Monday. Total time from ordering to delivery took 7 days.
Now, of course, there is always room for improvement.
– First, the screen came in bent. It appears it was not bent properly at the factory, so it did not fit fully. Olaf was quick to offer replacement screen, but due to work timing, I ended up using my own stainless screen as a replacement. Worked like a charm if you have a metal brake.
– Would suggest offering vent in thicker metals, such as 26G or 24G, to be more competitive with other manufacturer offerings.
– FAMCO uses silicone to seal the stem to flashing. They use a large bead, which is nice. Would also recommend FAMCO to put a bead of silicone to sandwich between 3 sides of housing where it attaches to flashing, which will prevent water intrusion from the top and sides. I caulked it myself from the inside, but it is a dirty job when you don’t have much clearance to work with. Using some silicone there would look nicer and reduce water ingress into the housing. There should still remain channel on the bottom section for any water or condensation to escape – do not seal that portion.
– Lastly, would recommend offering heavier gauge aluminum flapper. As most will use this vent for kitchen appliances, heavier damper will not be an issue, while it will prevent wind uplift. I have not experienced this vent in high windy rain yet, but it will likely lift up if wind is strong enough and moves in the direction of the opening. However, the damper assembly construction is pretty good.
Overall, compared to market offerings, a great vent. I ended up returning box store vent due to above concerns and I am happy with FAMCO brand. Some additional options would certainly improve offering and competitiveness of this product, especially for those who look for quality products. See my review on roofing site for photos of installed vent.
Erik Deitesfeld (verified owner) –
David J. (verified owner) –