Hooded Wall Vent with Spring Loaded Damper, Gasket and Screen - Aluminum
$41.14 – $92.62
- Wide mouth hood designed for optimal airflow, perfect for kitchen range or bathroom exhaust
- Quality constructed from heavy-duty .020 aluminum
- Features ¼ inch removable screen and spring loaded damper with built in foam gasket
- Comes with an 8-¼” long .020 aluminum tube built into the flange for wall mounted installation
- Available for duct sizes 3 inch to 10 inch diameter
- Pre-painted galvanized steel and mill-finish galvanized steel versions also available
Questions and answers of the customers
My current 21 year old vent (same design) needs replacing. The opening diameter of mine is 5 1/2 inches. What diameter size should I order?
- If mounted vertically (facing downward) is the spring strong enough to keep the damper closed? If not, do you have something you would recommend? Application is bathroom shower vent that leaves the house under an overhand facing toward the ground in New England, so damper is important in the winter.
Q If mounted vertically (facing downward) is the spring strong enough to keep the damper closed? If...... Read more answer nowAsked on August 5, 2021 5:38 amA
No - the spring in this damper would not be strong enough to keep it closed when mounted vertically. For applications like this, we would typically recommend our round under eave vent with weighted damper, found here: https://www.famcomfg.com/product/round-soffit-under-eave-vent-plastic-4inch/
Can this vent be used for gas cooking range hood with 1,000 CFM hood?
Q Can this vent be used for gas cooking range hood with 1,000 CFM hood? answer nowAsked on June 13, 2021 6:31 pmA
You will want to check with your range hood manufacture to see which duct size they recommend, but we would recommend our 10" model for a 1,000 CFM range hood.
Can I get this 6 inch cap in galvanized steel?
Q Can I get this 6 inch cap in galvanized steel? answer nowAsked on May 22, 2021 11:07 amA
Yes - we have the galvanized steel version of this cap for sale on our website
Can you make it in Marine Grade Stainless Steel this wall vent cap in. 6” diameter?
Q Can you make it in Marine Grade Stainless Steel this wall vent cap in. 6” diameter? answer nowAsked on May 7, 2021 6:57 amA
No - this product is available in galvanized steel and aluminum.
Does this come in black finish
Q Does this come in black finish answer nowAsked on April 7, 2021 10:31 amA
Yes - it will be a pre-finished galvanized steel (not aluminum) this can be found for purchase here:
Can the damper be removed? I would like to use this as part of a fresh air intake. Is this possible?
Q Can the damper be removed? I would like to use this as part of a fresh air intake. Is this possible? answer nowAsked on March 19, 2021 10:01 pmA
The damper can only be removed by cutting off the plastic tabs holding it in place on either side of the vent, so it can be removed, but cannot be reinstalled once removed.
Can this exhaust vent be used to vent a dryer? The description mentions kitchen and bathroom exhaust only.
Q Can this exhaust vent be used to vent a dryer? The description mentions kitchen and bathroom exha...... Read more answer nowAsked on February 4, 2021 8:47 pmA
The screen on this vent is removable, so if you were to use it for dryer exhaust the screen would need to be removed. This would prevent a fire hazard caused by lint buildup.
Can this Hooded Wall Vent with Spring Loaded Damper, Gasket and Screen – Aluminum be painted to match the color of our house?
Rectangular Wall Vent 3-1/4 in. x 10 in. – AluminumRated 5.00 out of 5$46.98 – $50.30 Select options
Galvanized Wall Vent – Reversible Backdraft DamperRated 4.57 out of 5$45.95 – $84.00 Select options
Hooded Wall Vent with Screen and Damper – AluminumRated 4.80 out of 5$27.83 – $93.87 Select options