Round Base Chimney Vacuum Cap - Stainless Steel
$53.42 – $183.11
- Quality constructed from heavy-duty 26 gauge stainless steel
- Increases updraft and prevents downdrafts caused from wind by forcing the wind to alter its direction over one of four gores on the cap, creating a partial vacuum
- Designed to be mounted over single wall pipe and comes with a draw bolt collar for a secure fit
- Positioning of the cap relative to the prevailing winds is not critical, but is slightly more effective when placed with the flat side facing the winds.
- Available for single wall pipe sizes ranging from 3 inch to 12 inch outside diameter (not designed for double/triple wall pipe sizes)
The FAMCO VCSS round base vacuum chimney cap has been used for decades with gas, oil, coal, and wood burning chimneys. This chimney cap increases updraft and prevents downdrafts caused from wind. This works by forcing the wind to alter its direction over one of four gores on the cap. The change of direction creates an area of lower density air (partial vacuum) at the outlet of the pipe. Lower density air creates draft within the exhaust pipe, helping to remove exhaust gases and increasing overall efficiency. The positioning of the cap relative to the prevailing winds is not critical but is slightly more effective when placed with the flat side facing the winds. Quality constructed in 26 gauge stainless steel. The FAMCO VCSS chimney cap has a round base and draw bolt for secure installation. The adjustable collar will only provide approximately ⅛ inch of play for tightening to the appropriate pipe size, and is not designed to expand to accommodate different pipe sizes or double/triple wall pipe sizes (NOT designed to fit X&⅛”, X&¼”, X&½”, etc.). Comes for pipe sizes ranging from 3 inch to 12 inch OD and heights ranging from 4¾ inch to 15 inch, see our specs sheet for more details. The FAMCO VCSS chimney cap is manufactured by FAMCO in the United States and comes with a 1-year warranty against product defects and workmanship. If you have any questions about this product, please refer to the FAQs above or feel free to contact us. Download the Product Specs .PDF
Watch the product video on YouTube.
Questions and answers of the customers
Can this be used on Insulated Chimney with WCASS adapter
Q Can this be used on Insulated Chimney with WCASS adapter answer nowAsked on August 28, 2021 1:44 pmA
Yes! This can be used on our wind cap adapter for insulated pipes.
This will fit over a 6 inch outside diameter single wall pipe?
Q This will fit over a 6 inch outside diameter single wall pipe? answer nowAsked on December 4, 2020 7:10 amA
Yes - our 6" size model is designed to fit 6" single wall pipe.
STEVEN GARCIA (verified owner) –
Ups lost it ,two days later it was delivered