Plastic Roof Vent with 50 sq, in. Net Free Area
- Quality constructed from high density polyethylene (HDP)
- Contains UV inhibitors which help protect the material from deteriorating in the sunlight
- Perfect for attic ventilation, this vent features a 50 square inch opening
- Works best when used with a soffit or gable end venting
- Flange measuring 15⅛ inches x 17½ inches with an inner opening of 8 x 10 inches
- Available in black or dark brown
Questions and answers of the customers
Can this be used in a corrugated metal on purlins over a shingled roof ? If NO please recommend... Upstate NY
- Do you have recommended installation instructions? Should adhesives be used?
Q Do you have recommended installation instructions? Should adhesives be used? answer nowAsked on June 15, 2021 4:47 pmA
Hello Walter, here is a copy of our installation instructions for these plastic vents. do not use any tar or petroleum based adhesives when installing this vent, and we recommend against using caulk unless it is necessary. We are currently working on getting a better document for this, our apologies it is just a picture file currently:
Is there recommendation roof pitch for use?
Q Is there recommendation roof pitch for use? answer nowAsked on March 20, 2021 12:34 pmA
This vent can be used on anything from 1/12 up to 12/12 pitched roofs - this vent is not recommended for use on a flat roof.
Is there a way to remove the top of this unit? It is clogged and needs to be cleaned.
Q Is there a way to remove the top of this unit? It is clogged and needs to be cleaned. answer nowAsked on March 16, 2021 5:57 pmA
No - the top of this product is molded into the flange and is not designed to be removable.