J Vent - Galvanized
$20.42 – $157.11
- Quality constructed from heavy-duty 28-26 gauge galvanized steel, depending on size
- Great for attic (static) ventilation and can be used with most roofing materials
- Provides a low silhouette and is open on two sides for better air flow
- Helps eliminate attic moisture and heat build-up
- Works best when used with soffit or gable end venting
- Comes with a built in ⅛ inch screen
- Available in opening sizes ranging from 3 – 20 inch diameters
Questions and answers of the customers
The JV-12 has a free area of 113.09 does this mean for a 1000sqft flat roof I need 9 (8.84) vents. 1000sqft / 113.09 = 8.84. That seems like a lot of vents for vents that are that size.
Q The JV-12 has a free area of 113.09 does this mean for a 1000sqft flat roof I need 9 (8.84) vents...... Read more answer nowAsked on February 9, 2021 5:12 pmA
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Statutes typically require one sq. foot of net free vent area per 150 square feet of attic area to be vented (1/150 rule). We do have an attic ventilation calculator on our website under the "Resources Tab". According to that calculation tool, you would need 960 sq. inches of net free vent area. You are correct in that you would need 9 of the JV12 vents to reach this amount of net free vent area.